Keeping your family safe is always hard. A few things to think about!
When you have children you can never completely relax being on holiday.
As much as you try to teach them the dangers in the world you can’t wrap them up in cotton wool!
A few safety tips to think about…….
On most caravan sites they will issue with a site map and information leaflet. If all else fails there is usually an information board with local emergency numbers and a map plan.
- When on site ideally there should be a gap of at least 6m between caravans for safety to each other and for privacy.
- As with any accommodation and general good practice all caravans should contain a carbon monoxide, smoke alarm, fire extinguisher and a fire safety blanket.
- Make sure all hook up cables and waste masters are tucked away and cables are uncoiled and placed around the edge of the pitch.
- Speed limits should be in place on any site but it is advisable not to let children play on the allies.
- Walk around the site with your children and assess where it is safe to play i.e. play areas and games rooms and where they shouldn’t go.
You can’t beat going on holiday in Cornwall and Devon. The coastal paths, beaches and national trusts are worth a look. There are a number of great places to visit only a few miles away from St Mellion Caravan Storage. So enjoy your holiday, just remember its better to be safe then sorry!